Residents ServicesCommunity Home Page
Curbside Pickup Information
- Carts should be placed at curbside no later than 6:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Please place your carts side-by-side approximately one (1) foot apart and at least three (3) feet from any obstruction (i.e. car, fire hydrant, trees).
- Place your carts with the handles and wheels facing towards your home.
- Carts should be removed from curbside within 12 hours after service.
- Items not in carts will not be collected.
- Each resident may select a set of specially designed automated carts with attached lid and wheels.
- The black container is for regular refuse.
- The blue or brown container is for recyclables.
- If you have a green container, it is for organics.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If the holiday falls during the week, service postponed by one day the remainder of the week. Example: If Independence Day is a Monday, and your normal collection day is Thursday, we'll see you on Friday.
- 35 gallon automated cart - 27"Hx 23"Wx 23"D
- 64 gallon automated cart - 41"Hx 27"W x 33"D
- 3 Yard Temporary Bin - 4'H x 4'W x 6'9"L for clean up projects - 500 lb limit
Larger waste collection containers (from 3 to 40 yards) are available for clean-up projects and other disposal needs.
Christmas tree collection will begin on December 26th for a two week period. Please remove all ornaments, lights, stands, and cut the tree in half if over 6 feet tall. If possible, please place your tree bottom first and upright in your organics cart. If you cannot use the organics cart, place your tree curbside on your service day and our tree collectors will come by in a separate truck, there is no need to call the office.
It's important to identify and remove materials unsuitable for recycling. Please review this section for more information on what's acceptable and unacceptable for Recycling. If you have questions about how to join the recycling program in your area, or plan a clean-up project, please contact the office located closest to you.
Recyclable Paper Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Any White Paper Mixed products such as combinations of paper and metal. Corrugated Cardboard Waxed Paper Junk Mail Waxed Milk or Juice Cartons Magazines Phonebooks Chipboard (Cereal/Cracker Boxes) Newspaper Computer paper Recyclable Plastics Please remove liquids, lids and food residue from all recyclables before placing them in the recycling container. Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items PET: soft drink bottles Flower/Plant Containers HDPE: detergent containers, plastic water/milk containers No Mixed Products (ie plastic/metal combination) Yogurt Containers Shopping Bags Plastic Toys Dry clean bags Recyclable Metal Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Aluminum Cans Automotive Parts Tin Cans Plumbing Parts Food and Juice Jars No Mixed Products such as combinations of metal and paper Empty Paint Cans (dry paint is OK) Aluminum Foil Recyclable Glass Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Food and Beverage Bottles Pyrex / Ceramic Glass Jars Mirrors Wine Bottles Fluorescent Tubes Soda and Juice Bottles Light Bulbs Organics Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Fruits / Vegetables Animal Waste Meat / Fish / Dairy Palm Branches Breads / Grains Diseased Plants Grass / Leaves Sod/Dirt Prunings / Wood
It is illegal to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) through the automated residential collection program. Due to changes in California Environmental Protection Legislation, certain waste products are no longer accepted at the landfill or recycling center. The City of San Clemente has included the collection of items listed below to their residents through service with CR&R. This service is provided with no additional cost, please be sure to provide specific information on quantities of each item when you place your order for pick up. This is required by law in order to collect the material.
- Batteries (except automobile batteries which must be delivered to a certified hazardous waste center)
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Cathode Ray Tubes such as televisions and computer monitors
- High Intensity Discharge Lamps such as heat lamps
- Sodium Vapor Lamps such as low light pollution light bulbs
- Aerosol Cans which are not completely empty
- Mercury containing items such as light switches, pressure gauges, thermometers and greeting cards that play music
- Used Paint
- Solvents, Pesticides, Pool Chemicals
- Sharps such as syringes and lancets within a one-way protection container
- Used motor oil & filters
To make arrangements with CR&R for the collection and proper disposal of any of these items please contact Customer Service at 1-877-728-0446.
Electronic waste (E-waste) is an item with a circuit board, battery, or power cord. It is illegal to dispose of E-waste in any of your automated carts. E-waste may be collected similar to a bulky item pick up. Refrigerators contain Freon and other chemicals which require special handling as well. CR&R will collect these items from your curbside and dispose of them properly.
To arrange a curbside pick-up for E-waste or a refrigerator, please use our
Online Scheduling Service.
Items that cannot fit in your automated carts, such as a chair or a couch, are considered "bulky items." A bulky item is an object that can be handled by a two-person crew and may include washers, dryers, sofas or other large materials. Each residential customer may arrange for a bulky item pick-up free of charge four times per calendar year of up to (4) large items or (4) bags of material. Additional bulky item pick-ups will be provided for a nominal charge. To make arrangements for a bulky item pick-up on your regular waste collection day, please use our
Online Scheduling Service.