Residents ServicesCommunity Home Page
Curbside Pickup Information
CR&R Recommends the Following On Collection Day
- Containers should be placed at curbside no later than 6:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Please place your carts side-by-side approximately one (1) foot apart and at least three (3) feet from any obstruction (i.e. car, fire hydrant, trees).
- Place your carts with the handles and wheels facing towards your home.
- Containers should be removed from curbside within 12 hours after service.
- Residents are entitled to four annual pick-ups of excess material that can not fit in your automated barrels. One additional pick up is equivalent to three bags or boxes of additional waste. There is an additional fee to collect excess material once your four annual pick-ups are exceeded.
- Each resident may select a set of specially designed automated containers with attached lid and wheels.
- The black container is for regular refuse.
- The brown container is for recyclables.
- If you have a green container, it is for green/yard waste.
CR&R Observes the Following Holidays
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If the holiday falls during the week, service postponed by one day the remainder of the week. Example: If Independence Day is a Monday, and your normal collection day is Thursday, we'll see you on Friday.
Approximate Container Sizes Available
Residents may order a set of the following curbside collection containers:
- 35 gallon automated container - 27"Hx 23"Wx 23"D
- 60 gallon automated container - 41"Hx 27"W x 33"D
- 90 gallon automated container - 45.5"Hx 31"Wx 37"D
For construction and clean up projects you may order the following temporary containers:
- 3 Yard Temporary Bin - 4'H x 4'W x 6'9"L for clean up projects - 500 lb limit
- 10 Yard Lowboy - for dense material such as dirt, rock, concrete, plaster, and sod.
- 40 Yard Roll Off - for mixed light weight material such as wood, drywall, garage junk, papers, plastics, and other similar waste. No Hazardous Waste is accepted in any of our containers, please see our section under Hazardous Waste for additional information.
It's important to identify and remove materials unsuitable for recycling. Please review this section for more information on what's acceptable and unacceptable for Recycling. If you have questions about how to join the recycling program in your area, or plan a clean-up project, please contact the office located closest to you.
Recyclable Paper Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Milk or Juice Cartons Mixed products such as combinations of paper and metal. Corrugated Cardboard Waxed Paper Junk Mail Magazines Phonebooks Chipboard (Cereal/Cracker Boxes) Newspaper Computer paper Any White Paper Recyclable Plastics Please remove liquids, lids and food residue from all recyclables before placing them in the recycling container. Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items PET: soft drink bottles, photo film canisters Flower/Plant Containers HDPE: detergent containers, plastic water/milk containers,
pails, t-shirt bags
No Mixed Products (ie plastic/metal combination) PVC: sprinkler pipe LDPE: trash can liners, shrink wrap, grocery bags PP: yogurt containers, luggage, drinking straws PS: plastic plates, cups egg cartons, food trays Other: Tupperware and mixed plastic containers Plastic Toys Recyclable Metal Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Empty Aerosol Cans Automotive Parts Metal Coat Hangers Plumbing Parts Aluminum Cans No Mixed Products such as combinations of metal and paper Tin Cans Food and Juice Jars Empty Paint Cans (dry paint is OK) Metal Foil Lawn Furniture Recyclable Glass Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Food and Beverage Bottles Ceramic Glass Jars and Bottles Mirrors House Windows Fluorescent Tubes Liquor, Soda and Juice Bottles Light Bulbs Tempered Glass Safety Glass Pyrex Yard Waste Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Grass Clippings Animal Waste Green Plants Palm Branches Dry Leaves Diseased Plants Garden Trimmings Meat/Fish/Bones Weeds Dairy Products Wood Scraps/Chips Sod/Dirt Textiles Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Clothing Stuffed Animals Shoes Pillows Linens Towels
Hazardous Wastes are products that are flammable, corrosive, reactive or toxic. They are dangerous to the public and the environment. It is illegal to dispose of hazardous wastes in your CR&R containers. Hazardous wastes must be disposed of properly. For further information about the disposal of hazardous waste, please visit oclandfills.com.
Examples of HHW:
- Auto Fluid
- Cleaning Products
- Paint & Solvents
- Pool Chemicals
- Non-Empty Aerosol Cans
Electronic waste (E-waste) is an item such as a computer monitor, television, cell phone or other like materials. Due to the high amounts of lead and chemicals found in E-waste, they are not allowed into local landfills.
Refrigerators contain Freon and other chemicals which require special handling as well. CR&R will collect these items from your residence. To arrange a curbside pick-up for E-waste or a refrigerator, please use our
Online Scheduling Service.
Household items that cannot fit into your automated carts are considered bulky items. Bulky items must weigh less than 50lbs and be manageable by a two-person crew.
Common bulky items include:
- Excess Green Waste
Items that are not accepted include but not limited to car batteries, tires, automotive parts, and construction and demolition debris.
To make arrangements for a bulky item pick-up on your regular waste collection day, please use our
Online Scheduling Service.
To obtain information about special services please contact the office located closest to you.
STREET SWEEPING SCHEDULE Visit the following link to view the street sweeping schedule. www.cityofrsm.org
On street sweeping days please remember - do not park your vehicles on the street.
Christmas tree collection is for two weeks following December 26. Please remove all ornaments, lights, stands, and cut the tree in half if it is over 6 feet tall. Please place your tree curbside on your service day and our tree collectors will come by in a separate truck, there is no need to call the office.