Residents ServicesCommunity Home Page
Curbside Pickup Information
CR&R Recommends the Following On Collection Day
- Containers should be placed at curbside no later than 6:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Please place your carts side-by-side approximately one (1) foot apart and at least three (3) feet from any obstruction (i.e. car, fire hydrant, trees).
- Place your carts with the handles and wheels facing towards your home.
- Containers should be removed from curbside within 12 hours after service.
- Each resident may select a set of specially designed automated containers with attached lid and wheels.
- Customers are allowed two free overage pickups per year on their regular collection day of material that does not fit in the refuse cart. Each pickup may be the equivalent of three large trash bags or boxes. Additonal pick ups over your first two are available at a nominal charge. It is suggested that you call customer service to verify an overage collection.
CR&R is requesting that each resident separate their recyclable materials.
- The black container is for regular refuse.
- The brown or blue container is for recyclables.
- If you have a green container, it is for green/yard waste.
CR&R Observes the Following Holidays
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If the holiday falls during the week, service postponed by one day the remainder of the week. Example: If Independence Day is a Monday, and your normal collection day is Thursday, we'll see you on Friday.
Approximate Container Sizes Available
Residents may order a set of the following containers.
- 35 gallon automated container - 27"Hx 23"Wx 23"D
- 60 gallon automated container - 41"Hx 27"Wx 33"D
- 90 gallon automated container - 45.5"Hx 31"Wx 37"D
If you wish to exchange your smaller carts for the larger 90 gallon size please contact our customer service department. The exchange will be completed at no additional charge. Rates for the larger containers will be charged accordingly.
- 3 Yard Temporary Bin - 4'H x 4'W x 6'9"L for clean up projects
- 500 lb limit
Larger waste collection containers (from 10 to 40 yards) are available for clean-up projects and other disposal needs.
Christmas tree collection will begin on December 26th for a two week period. Please remove all ornaments, lights, stands, and cut the tree in half if over 6 feet tall. If possible, please place your tree bottom first and upright in your green waste container. If you cannot use the green waste container or do not have one, place your tree curbside on your service day and our tree collectors will come by in a separate truck, there is no need to call the office.
It's important to identify and remove materials unsuitable for recycling. Please review this section for more information on what's acceptable and unacceptable for Recycling. If you have questions about how to join the recycling program in your area, or plan a clean-up project, please contact the office located closest to you.
Recyclable Paper Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Milk or Juice Cartons Mixed products such as combinations of paper and metal. Corrugated Cardboard Waxed Paper Junk Mail Magazines Phonebooks Chipboard (Cereal/Cracker Boxes) Newspaper Computer paper Any White Paper Recyclable Plastics Please remove liquids, lids and food residue from all recyclables before placing them in the recycling container. Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items PET: soft drink bottles, photo film canisters Flower/Plant Containers HDPE: detergent containers, plastic water/milk containers,
pails, t-shirt bags
No Mixed Products (ie plastic/metal combination) PVC: sprinkler pipe LDPE: trash can liners, shrink wrap, grocery bags PP: yogurt containers, luggage, drinking straws PS: plastic plates, cups egg cartons, food trays Other: Tupperware and mixed plastic containers Plastic Toys Recyclable Metal Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Empty Aerosol Cans Automotive Parts Metal Coat Hangers Plumbing Parts Aluminum Cans No Mixed Products such as combinations of metal and paper Tin Cans Food and Juice Jars Empty Paint Cans (dry paint is OK) Metal Foil Lawn Furniture Recyclable Glass Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Food and Beverage Bottles Ceramic Glass Jars and Bottles Mirrors House Windows Fluorescent Tubes Liquor, Soda and Juice Bottles Light Bulbs Tempered Glass Safety Glass Pyrex Yard Waste Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Grass Clippings Animal Waste Green Plants Palm Branches Dry Leaves Diseased Plants Garden Trimmings Meat/Fish/Bones Weeds Dairy Products Wood Scraps/Chips Sod/Dirt Textiles Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Clothing Stuffed Animals Shoes Pillows Linens Towels
Collection of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is now available at your front door, free of charge.
Household Hazardous Wastes are electronic and home care products that are flammable, corrosive, reactive or toxic. They are dangerous to the public and the environment. Examples of HHW include:
- Mercury thermostats and thermometers
- Aerosol cans that contain hazardous materials
- Latex, oil, or water based paint
- Fluorescent Light Tubes, High Intensity Discharge Lamps
- Solvents, Cleaning Products
- Sharps in a one-way protection container.
Please call our customer service department at (877) 728-0446 to schedule
your free pick up. This service is provided with no additional cost. Be prepared to provide the Customer Service Representative with specific information on quantities of each item. They will assist you by explaining how to prepare your material for collection.
For safety and compliance, we must observe the following:
A maximum of 15 gallons or 125 pounds may be transported per vehicle, per trip (Department of Transportation Requirement). It is illegal for CR&R to exceed these limits.
- Containers larger than five gallons will not be accepted.
- Containers will NOT be returned.
- Materials should be in original containers (except motor oil, fuels and antifreeze).
- All containers must have lids, be sturdy, non-leaking, labeled and
protected from breakage.
- Do not combine different types of waste.
- Do not mix oil-base paint with latex paint.
Electronic waste (E-waste) is an item such as a computer monitor, television, cell phone or other like materials. Due to the high amounts of lead and chemicals found in E-waste, they are not allowed into local landfills.
Refrigerators contain Freon and other chemicals which require special handling as well. CR&R will collect these items from your residence. To arrange a curbside pick-up for E-waste or a refrigerator, please use our
Online Scheduling Service.
Items that cannot fit in your automated containers, such as a chair or a couch, are considered "bulky items." A bulky item is an object that can be handled by a two-person crew and may include washers, dryers, sofas or other large materials. Each residential customer is entitled to two (2) bulky item pick-ups free of charge per calendar year. Additional bulky item pick-ups will be provided for a nominal charge. To make arrangements for a bulky item pick-up on your regular waste collection day, please use our
Online Scheduling Service.
CR&R makes it easy to request special services in your area. Please contact the office located closest to you with details about your special needs. A service representative will then contact you with more information about the appropriate resources. Whether it's collection, containers, recycling or other services, CR&R is here to help.