Residents ServicesCommunity Home Page
Curbside Pickup Information
- Containers should be placed at curbside no later than 6:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Please place your carts side-by-side approximately one (1) foot apart and at least three (3) feet from any obstruction (i.e. car, fire hydrant, trees).
- Place your carts with the handles and wheels facing towards your home.
- Containers should be removed from curbside within 12 hours after service.
- Items not in containers will not be collected.
- Each resident will receive a set of two specially designed 60 gallon green automated containers with attached lid and wheels.
- Container changes may be ordered by contacting the Customer Service office closest to you.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If the holiday falls during the week, service postponed by one day the remainder of the week. Example: If Independence Day is a Monday, and your normal collection day is Thursday, we'll see you on Friday.
- (2) 60 gallon automated containers – 41″Hx 27″W x 33″D Waste and Recycle Carts
- (1) 60 gallon automated containers – 41″Hx 27″W x 33″D Organics Cart (Food & Green Waste)
Residents may change their standard issued set of containers for the following:
- 35 gallon automated containers – 27″Hx 23″Wx 23″D – same rate as the 60 gallon size
It is illegal to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) through the automated residential collection program. HHW must be disposed of at a certified hazardous waste collection center. For the nearest collection center, please contact the office located closest to you.
Household Hazardous Waste includes, but is not limited to:
- Used Motor Oil
- Cleaning Products
- Wood Preservative
- Old Paint
- Pool Chemicals
- Printer Cartridges
- Old Road Flares
- Fluorescent Lights
Door-to-Door Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection for Seniors, Immobile & Disabled Residents
CMSD sponsors a door-to-door HHW collection program for CMSD residents who may not otherwise have the ability to recycle or dispose of their hazardous materials at permanent HHW facilities.
Qualified CMSD residents must be 62 years of age or older, immobile or be a certified disabled person. CR&R is the contractor that carries out the service. When a resident has a load of HHW, they can contact CMSD or CR&R. CR&R then verifies the quantity and types of waste and sets up a collection date. CR&R will provide information on how to properly store and package the materials. On the collection day, the resident must place the bags or containers at the front of their house by 7:00 a.m. The resident does not need to be home when the items are collected.
Residents who cannot take their HHW to one of the local HHW collection centers are encouraged to call CR&R Customer Service at (949) 646-4617 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Electronic waste (E-waste) is an item such as a computer monitor, television, cell phone or other like materials. Due to the high amounts of lead and chemicals found in E-waste, they are not allowed into local landfills.
Refrigerators contain Freon and other chemicals which require special handling as well. CR&R will collect these items from your curbside. To arrange a curbside pick-up for E-waste or a refrigerator, please contact the office located closest to you.
Items that cannot fit in your automated containers, such as a chair or a couch, are considered "bulky items." A bulky item is an object that can be handled by a two-person crew and may include washers, dryers, sofas or other large materials. Each residential customer is entitled to three(3) bulky item pick-ups free of charge per calendar year. Additional bulky item pick-ups will be provided for a nominal charge. To make arrangements for a bulky item pick-up on your regular collection day please contact the office located closest to you.
Christmas tree collection is for 12 days following December 25. Please remove all ornaments, lights, stands, and cut the tree in half if it is over 6 feet tall. Please place your tree curbside on your service day and our tree collectors will come by in a separate truck, there is no need to call the office.