Residents ServicesCommunity Home Page
Curbside Pickup Information
- Containers should be placed at curbside no later than 6:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Please place your carts side-by-side approximately one (1) foot apart and at least three (3) feet from any obstruction (i.e. car, fire hydrant, trees).
- Place your carts with the handles and wheels facing towards your home.
- Containers should be removed from curbside within 12 hours after service.
- Items not in containers will not be collected.
- Each resident may select a set of specially designed automated containers with attached lid and wheels.
- The black container is for regular refuse.
- The brown or blue container is for recyclables.
- The green container is for food waste and yard waste.
- Senior citizens are eligible for a rate reduction of 10%. The senior citizen must be the head of the household of the residential Premises which receives Collection services, at least sixty-five (65) years of age, and must receive supplemental social security benefits. This discount does not apply to charges for additional Containers, temporary Bin Service, or temporary roll-off service.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If the holiday falls during the week, service postponed by one day the remainder of the week. Example: If Independence Day is a Monday, and your normal collection day is Thursday, we'll see you on Friday.
- 35 gallon automated container - 27"Hx 23"Wx 23"D
- 60 gallon automated container - 41"Hx 27"W x 33"D
- 3 Yard Temporary Bin - 4'H x 4'W x 6'9"L for clean up projects - 500 lb limit
Larger waste collection containers (from 10 to 40 yards) are available for clean-up projects and other disposal needs.
Recycling and Organics
Christmas tree collection will begin on December 26th for a two week period. Please remove all ornaments, lights, stands, and cut the tree in half if it is over 6 feet tall. If possible, please place your tree bottom first and upright in your green waste container. If you cannot use the green waste container or do not have one, place your tree curbside on your service day and our tree collectors will come by in a separate truck, there is no need to call the office.
It's important to identify and remove materials unsuitable for recycling. Please review this section for more information on what's acceptable and unacceptable for Recycling. If you have additional questions please contact the office located closest to you.
CR&R Environmental Services, together with the City of Aliso Viejo, launched the new Organics Recycling Program on September 1st, 2019. This program co-collects food scraps and yard waste in your green cart. The organics material collected is taken to CR&R’s Regional Organics Anaerobic Recovery Facility (ROAR) in Perris, CA to be converted into renewable natural gas and anaerobic compost. Click the following Iinks for more Recycling instructions and information:
Recyclable Paper Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Milk or Juice Cartons Mixed products such as combinations of paper and metal. Corrugated Cardboard Waxed Paper Junk Mail Magazines Phonebooks Chipboard (Cereal/Cracker Boxes) Newspaper Computer paper Any White Paper Recyclable Plastics Please remove liquids, lids and food residue from all recyclables before placing them in the recycling container. Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items PET: soft drink bottles, photo film canisters Flower/Plant Containers HDPE: detergent containers, plastic water/milk containers,
pails, t-shirt bags
No Mixed Products (ie plastic/metal combination) PVC: sprinkler pipe PP: yogurt containers, luggage, drinking straws PS: plastic plates, cups egg cartons, food trays Other: Tupperware and mixed plastic containers Plastic Toys Recyclable Metal Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Empty Aerosol Cans Automotive Parts Metal Coat Hangers Plumbing Parts Aluminum Cans No Mixed Products such as combinations of metal and paper Tin Cans Food and Juice Jars Empty Paint Cans (dry paint is OK) Metal Foil Lawn Furniture Recyclable Glass Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Food and Beverage Bottles Ceramic Glass Jars and Bottles Mirrors House Windows Fluorescent Tubes Liquor, Soda and Juice Bottles Light Bulbs Tempered Glass Safety Glass Pyrex Organics Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Grass Clippings Animal Waste Green Plants Palm Branches Dry Leaves Diseased Plants Garden Trimmings Soft/Dirt Weeds Wood Scraps/Chips Food scraps
Household Hazardous Wastes are electronic and home care products that are flammable, corrosive, reactive or toxic. They are dangerous to the public and the environment. Examples of HHW include:
- Mercury thermostats and thermometers
- Aerosol cans that contain hazardous materials
- Latex, oil, or water based paint
- Fluorescent Light Tubes, High Intensity Discharge Lamps
- Solvents, Cleaning Products
- Sharps in a one-way protection container.
Please call our customer service department at (877) 728-0446 to schedule
your free pick up. This service is provided with no additional cost. Be prepared to provide the Customer Service Representative with specific information on quantities of each item. They will assist you by explaining how to prepare your material for collection.
For safety and compliance, we must observe the following:
A maximum of 15 gallons or 125 pounds may be transported per vehicle, per trip (Department of Transportation Requirement). It is illegal for CR&R to exceed these limits.
- Containers larger than five gallons will not be accepted.
- Containers will NOT be returned.
- Materials should be in original containers (except motor oil, fuels and antifreeze).
- All containers must have lids, be sturdy, non-leaking, labeled and
protected from breakage.
- Do not combine different types of waste.
- Do not mix oil-base paint with latex paint.
Electronic waste (E-waste) is an item such as a computer monitor, television, cell phone or other like materials. Due to the high amounts of lead and chemicals found in E-waste, they are not allowed into local landfills.
Refrigerators contain Freon and other chemicals which require special handling as well. CR&R will collect these items from your curbside, to arrange a curbside pick-up for E-waste or a refrigerator, please use our
Online Scheduling Service.
Items that cannot fit in your automated containers, such as a chair or a couch, are considered "bulky items." A bulky item is an object that can be handled by a two-person crew and may include washers, dryers, sofas or other large materials. Each residential customer is entitled to four (4) bulky item pick-ups free of charge per calendar year. Additional bulky item pick-ups will be provided for a nominal charge. To make arrangements for a bulky item pick-up on your regular waste collection day, please use our
Online Scheduling Service.
Due to changes in California Environmental Protection Legislation, certain waste products are no longer accepted at the landfill or recycling center. The City of Aliso Viejo has included the collection of the items listed below to their residents through service with CR&R.
- Batteries (except automobile batteries which must be delivered to a certified hazardous waste center)
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Cathode Ray Tubes such as televisions and computer monitors
- High Intensity Discharge Lamps such as heat lamps
- Sodium Vapor Lamps such as low light pollution light bulbs
- Aerosol Cans which are not completely empty
- Mercury containing items such as light switches, pressure gauges, thermometers and greeting cards that play music
- Unused Paint
- Sharps such as syringes and lancets within a one-way protection container
To make arrnagements with CR&R for the collection and proper disposal of any of these items please contact Customer Service at 1-877-728-0446.