Residents ServicesCommunity Home Page
Curbside Pickup Information
- Containers or bags should be placed for service no later than 6:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Please remember to remove your cans after service.
Avalon Environmental Services is requesting that each resident continue separating their recyclable materials. Please keep each item in their appropriate cart or bag.
- The black lid cart or black hefty bag(s) is for depositing regular refuse.
- The blue lid cart or orange bag(s) is for depositing recyclables.
- The green lid cart (optional) is for depositing green waste (40lb max)
- Holiday Schedule
- Container Information
It's important to identify and remove materials unsuitable for recycling. Mixing trash with recyclable materials is strictly prohibited. Please review this section for more information on what is recyclable. If you have questions about your recycling program please call our Customer Service Department.
- Junk Mail
- Chipboard (Cereal/Cracker Boxes)
- Any White Paper
- Mixed Paper
- PET: soft drink bottles, photo film canisters
- HDPE: detergent containers, plastic water/milk containers, pails, t-shirt bags
- LDPE: trash can liners, shrink wrap, grocery bags
- PP: yogurt containers, drinking straws
- PS: plastic plates, cups egg cartons, food trays
- Other: Tupperware and mixed plastic containers
- Plastic Toys/Small
- Empty Aerosol Cans
- Aluminum Cans
- Tin Cans
- Food and Juice Jars
- Metal Foil
- Food and Beverage Bottles
- Glass Jars and Bottles
- Liquor, Soda and Juice Bottles
Examples of non-recyclable or items for trash cart/bag:
- Flower/Plant Containers
- Mixed Products (ie plastic/metal combination)
- Metal Coat Hangers (Please return to your cleaners)
- Waxed Milk Cartons
- Waxed Paper
- No Mixed Products such as combinations of metal and paper
- Soiled Paper
- Light Bulbs
- Green Only
- Animal Waste
- Dairy Products
Electronic Waste and Refrigerator Collection Information Electronic waste (E-waste) is an item such as a computer monitor, television, cell phone or other like materials. Due to the high amounts of lead and chemicals found in E-waste, they are not allowed into local landfills.
Refrigerators contain Freon and other chemicals which require special handling as well. Avalon Environmental Services will collect these items from your usual collection point as part of our bulky item collection program. To arrange for curbside pick-up of E-Waste or a refrigerator, please call our Customer Service Department for limitations, rates and further information.
Bulky Items Collection Information Items that cannot fit in your containers, such as a chair, table or a couch are considered "bulky items." A bulky item is an object that can be handled safely by a two-person crew and may include furniture, washers, sofas or other large materials. Each residential unit or home is entitled to three (3) bulky item pick-ups free of charge per calendar year of up to two (2) items per collection. To arrange for this service or for additional information regarding acceptable items please call our Customer Service Department. Pickups by appointment only Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday