Residents ServicesCommunity Home Page
Curbside Pickup Information
CR&R Recommends the Following On Collection Day
- Place your containers at curbside no later than 6:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Please place your carts side-by-side approximately one (1) foot apart and at least three (3) feet from any obstruction (i.e. car, fire hydrant, trees).
- Place your carts with the handles and wheels facing towards your home.
- Containers should be removed from curbside within 12 hours after service.
- The black container is for regular waste.
- The blue container is for recyclables.
- If you have a green container, it is for green/yard waste.
Scheduled Pickup Days (PDF - 1.44MB)
CR&R Observes the Following Holidays
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If the holiday falls during the week, service will be postponed by one day for the remainder of the week. Example: If Independence Day is a Monday, and your normal collection day is Thursday, we'll see you on Friday.
Approximate Container Sizes Available
Residents may order a set of the following curbside collection containers:
- 35 gallon automated container - 27"Hx 23"Wx 23"D
- 65 gallon automated container - 41"Hx 27"W x 33"D
- 95 gallon automated container - 45.5"Hx 31"Wx 37"D
For construction and clean up projects you may order the following temporary containers:
- 3 Yard Temporary Bin - 4'H x 4'W x 6'9"L for clean up projects - 500 lb limit
- 10 Yard Lowboy - for dense material such as dirt, rock, concrete, plaster, and sod.
- 40 Yard Roll Off - for mixed light weight material such as wood, drywall, garage junk, papers, plastics, and other similar waste.
No hazardous waste is accepted in any of our containers, please see our section under Hazardous Waste for additional information.
Christmas tree collection will begin on December 26th for a two week period. Please remove all ornaments, lights, stands, and cut the tree in half if it is over 6 feet tall. If possible, please place your tree bottom first and upright in your green waste container. If you cannot use the green waste container or do not have one, place your tree curbside on your service day and our tree collectors will come by in a separate truck, there is no need to call the office.
It's important to identify and remove materials unsuitable for recycling. Please review this section for more information on the Acceptable Items and Unacceptable Items for Recycling. If you have questions about how to join the recycling program in your area, or plan a clean-up project, please contact the office located closest to you.
Recyclable Paper Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Milk or Juice Cartons Mixed products such as combinations of paper and metal. Corrugated Cardboard Waxed Paper Junk Mail Magazines Phonebooks Chipboard (Cereal/Cracker Boxes) Newspaper Computer paper Any White Paper Recyclable Plastics Please remove liquids, lids and food residue from all recyclables before placing them in the recycling container. Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items PET: soft drink bottles, photo film canisters Flower/Plant Containers HDPE: detergent containers, plastic water/milk containers,
pails, t-shirt bags
No Mixed Products (ie plastic/metal combination) PVC: sprinkler pipe LDPE: trash can liners, shrink wrap, grocery bags PP: yogurt containers, luggage, drinking straws PS: plastic plates, cups egg cartons, food trays Other: Tupperware and mixed plastic containers Plastic Toys Recyclable Metal Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Empty Aerosol Cans Automotive Parts Metal Coat Hangers Plumbing Parts Aluminum Cans No Mixed Products such as combinations of metal and paper Tin Cans Food and Juice Jars Empty Paint Cans (dry paint is OK) Metal Foil Lawn Furniture Recyclable Glass Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Food and Beverage Bottles Ceramic Glass Jars and Bottles Mirrors House Windows Fluorescent Tubes Liquor, Soda and Juice Bottles Light Bulbs Tempered Glass Safety Glass Pyrex Yard Waste Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Grass Clippings Animal Waste Green Plants Palm Branches Dry Leaves Diseased Plants Garden Trimmings Meat/Fish/Bones Weeds Dairy Products Wood Scraps/Chips Sod/Dirt Textiles Acceptable Items Unacceptable Items Clothing Stuffed Animals Shoes Pillows Linens Towels
It is illegal to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) through the automated residential collection program. HHW must be disposed of at a certified hazardous waste collection center. If you have items such as used household batteries, the City of Tustin has 11 convenient drop off locations where you may dispose of these items at no charge.
- Tustin City Hall 300 Centennial Way (also accepts cell phones, burnt out lamps, or fluorescent light tubes)
- Tustin Community Center 200 South C Street
- Tustin Shell (Jamboree & Irvine Blvd ) 13121 Jamboree Road
- Tustin Plaza Car Wash 240 E. 1st Street
- Tustin UPS Store 13681 Newport Avenue #8
- Woodwards Ace Hardware 2343 N Tustin Avenue
- MDS Office 14761 Franklin Avenue Suite F
- Whole Foods (@ The District ) 2847 Park Avenue
- Columbus Tustin Activity Center 17522 Beneta Way
- Orchard Supply Hardware 1091 Old Irvine Blvd
If you have other HHW as listed below please contact the County of Orange at 714-834-6752 for HHW Collection Centers and hours of operation.
Electronic waste (e-waste) is an item such as a computer monitor, television, cell phone or other like materials. Due to the high amounts of lead and chemicals found in E-waste, they are not allowed into local landfills.
Refrigerators contain freon and other chemicals which require special handling as well. CR&R will collect these items from your residence. To arrange a curbside pick-up for e-waste or a refrigerator, please contact the office located closest to you.
Items that cannot fit in your automated containers, such as a chair or a couch, are considered "bulky items." A bulky item is an object that can be handled by a two-person crew and may include washers, dryers, sofas or other large materials. Each residential customer is entitled to two (2) bulky item pick-ups up to (4) items, free of charge per calendar year. Additional bulky item pick-ups will be provided for a nominal charge. To make arrangements for a bulky item pick-up please contact the office located closest to you.
CR&R makes it easy to request special services in your area. Please contact the office located closest to you with details about your special needs. A service representative will then contact you with more information.
Cart Exchange Program
As part of the contract between the City Of Tustin and CR&R, each residence will receive new waste, recycling, and yard trimmings carts free of charge. The January 31st 2019 deadline for Cart Exchange program has passed. As a result, we have removed the cart exchange program from the website.
We will begin delivering new carts and removing old carts the week of April 29th and will continue this process for several weeks until finished. Carts will be exchanged on your service day and your service will not be interrupted during the transition. Please leave your carts out after they are serviced to ensure they are exchanged. If you require additional carts, please call customer service after your new carts arrive.